My Resume

  • My Resume (MS Word) My Resume (PDF)


Affiliations

  • Microsoft Most Valuable Professional
  • INETA Community Champion
  • Leader, NJDOTNET: Central New Jersey .NET User Group

Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Halo 3: Nag, Nag, Nag...

A couple of buddies and I finally set aside some time to beat Halo 3 last night (on Legendary mode, of course). It was definitely pleasing, though there were a few things that were pretty damn annoying. Scratch that - one major thing: why - in the middle of an intense firefight - does Cortana have to pop into your head, give you motion sickness, slow down time, and damn near give me an epileptic seizure?? And what is she saying, anyway? Does it help me complete the mission? No. It's almost as if I've reverted back in time and my mom is yelling up to my room, "do your homework!", "take out the trash!", "save the universe!" NAG, NAG, NAG! (Sorry, mom, if you ever read this...) I know what I gotta do, and you flashing in my face and making me walk in slow motion isn't gonna get me any closer to it.

The looming possibility of seizures aside, the gameplay was quite good... but not incredibly unique. I've got to admit, I'd grown tired of the Halo franchise. The multi-player, however, is a completely different story. I've always been pretty ashamed to admit this, but I spend - on average - about 4 hours a night online, playing Halo multi-player. I've always loved it, and Halo 3's multi-player is the best yet. I absolutely love all of the new features! One of the coolest things is the mere fact that it was designed for the Xbox 360 platform and you don't have to run in the confines of an emulator, desperating longing for at all of the great Xbox 360 features you paid for. I do have one question, though: what's the deal with the lag?? I don't know if it's my router/network or not, but I've noticed - even in the few days leading up to the game - a lot more lag lately... and it sucks. Bungie: FIX THE LAG!

Folks, the game has arrived.

And it's awesome.

Bravo, Bungie.

*clap* *clap* *clap*

0 comments: